Set out below are links to some of the learned societies, professional bodies, policy groups and thinktanks which the Trust engages with on a policy basis. Wherever possible, we have also provided a separate link to the policy and other relevant sections of the individual organisation’s website.
• Campaign for Science and Engineering (CaSE) – the UK’s leading independent advocate for science and engineering, working to ensure that the UK has the skills, funding and policies to enable science and engineering to thrive. CaSE’s policy section can be found here.
• The Diversity and Inclusion in STEM All Party Parliamentary Group, working to promote the inclusion and progression of people from diverse backgrounds in STEM, encouraging government, parliamentarians, academics, businesses and other stakeholders to work towards a truly representative STEM sector.
• The Parliamentary and Scientific Committee, the All Party Parliamentary Group which promotes liaison between Parliamentarians and scientific bodies, science-based industry and the academic world.
• The Royal Society of Biology. The RSB’s Policy page can be found here. The policy page also contains a link to the Policy Resource Library, which enables visitors to search a library of resources relevant to bioscience policy issues, produced by the RSB and Member Organisations such as the Daphne Jackson Trust.
• The Women & Work Parliamentary Group, informing the role that policy makers can play to deliver gender balance within the economy.