The University of Edinburgh15 January 2019
Intended for individuals returning to research in the areas of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, GeoSciences, Informatics, Mathematics, or Physics and Astronomy in the College of Science and Engineering at The University of Edinburgh.
About these Fellowships
- The University of Edinburgh will host and half sponsor two Fellowships. The remaining funding will be secured by the Daphne Jackson Trust from an additional sponsor.
- Consist of a challenging research project and at least 100 hours’ retraining per year.
- Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Part-time and flexible hours to be agreed with your supervisor. Fellowships are usually at 0.5 FTE.
- Fixed-term/contract over three years.
About The University of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh holds a Silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of it’s commitment to advance gender equality in higher education. It is a member of the Race Equality Charter and is also the Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion, actively promoting LGBT equality. The University has a range of equality and diversity initiatives to support a family friendly working environment: https://www.ed.ac.uk/equality-diversity
As a world-changing, world-leading university, it offers an exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work.
A download and more information about these Fellowships can be found here:
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please complete the cv, personal details and personal statement forms on the website: Apply here
For an informal discussion please contact us.
Please contact Dr Niamh K Shortt, Dean of Diversity and Inclusion in the College of Science and Engineering at Niamh.firstname.lastname@example.org 00 44 131 651 7130 for information specifically about these Fellowships.
Please outline your area of research interest and, if you have identified a department within which you would like to work, include the name and contact details of a potential supervisor in that department.
Please send your application to the Daphne Jackson Trust office via email stating clearly, The University of Edinburgh Sponsored Fellowship Application.
- Closing date for applications is 25th February 2019
Following shortlisting by the Daphne Jackson Trust The University of Edinburgh will undertake an internal selection process to identify the preferred candidates.