Sponsors provide the salary and Fellowship support costs for the Fellowship, whilst the host institution provides space, supervision and funds to cover bench fees and consumables.
Sponsors work with the Trust in one of two ways to identify and support fellows:
1. The sponsor may be matched to a suitable candidate once they have been through the Trust's rigorous application process, or
2. The sponsor may enter into a sponsored fellowship agreement with the Trust in which:
- opportunities are advertised
- the sponsor chooses the most suitable candidate
- the sponsor may appoint a referee who will be consulted during the application process
Many universities choose to both host and sponsor fellowships.
You can find out more about sponsoring a Fellow on our guidelines for sponsoring organisations page.