Your research proposal
The research project forms the basis of a proposal which should include the objectives and an outline of the project, the methodologies to be used and a chart showing how the project can be carried out in the time available. The Trust expects to receive your draft proposal within 6 months of your invitation to apply.
Previous Fellows have undertaken projects in a diverse range of fields including:
* Astronomy * Biochemistry * Bioinformatics * Biomedical Sciences * Chemistry * Civil Engineering * Computer Science * Ecology * Electrical Engineering * Electronics * Environmental Sciences * Ergonomics * Genetics * Geochemistry * Industrial Engineering * Marine Biology * Materials Engineering * Mechanical Engineering * Molecular Biology * Oceanography * Particle Physics * Theoretical Physics
Recent projects have included:
* Bioaerosol Dispersion Modelling
* Single top quark physics at the ATLAS experiment
* Risk Assessment of Delayed Discharges from NHS Hospitals Using Computer Modelling
* Numerical modelling of non-linear, elasto-plastic material behaviour.
* Sediment and water quality and contaminant migration in the River Clyde
* Solvent-Free Route to Thermosetting Nanocomposites
* A study of the importance of dityrosine in Aspergilli using a bioinformatic and molecular biological approach
* Development and Optimisation of a Multiplex Cytokine Assay in Fish.
* Molecular investigations of the causes and consequences of hypomethylation
* Eptihelial-dendritic cell interplay in the shaping of the immune response to Neisseria meningitidis and N. lactamica
* A Study of the importance of dityrosine in Aspergilli using a bioinformatic and molecular biological approach – is dityrosine biosynthesis a possible drug target?
* The characterisation of nanoparticles
* Base Excision Repair as a Target for Improving Cancer Therapy with Oxaliplatin and Radiation
* The effect of selenium on DNA methylation and gene expression in colon cancer